Sunday, January 31, 2010

Prologue

I think to front-end optimizasion as a serious problem since I worked on my first high volume website back in 2006. It was an adult online chat site.

Our goal was to serve the visitors with the lowest number of requests and with only the most required bandwidth. This was the first non-experimental site of mine where I used sprite technology and used compression for CSS and JavaScript files.

At those days after completely finished the site, there was a request for a co-brand generator with all the images, CSS and JavaScript files, so I had to recreate all the bitmap images in SVG to be able to modify the colors in them. It was quite interesting job, but worked and the site works today too.

My plan is to write down my ideas about developement and about a universal deploying solution for static contents.